Farm Equipment Operator
Island Holdings Limited in New Annan, PE
Farm Equipment Operator
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants in PEI. Two others in Jamestown, ND and Lethbridge, Alberta as well as an appetizer plant in Wheatley, ON. Our Head office is in Dieppe, NB.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, Farm Equipment Operators will be reliable, self-starters who are always looking for opportunities to improve. These individuals must have the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. There are multiple positions available for the 2020 season and the anticipated start date is April 13, 2020.
Key Responsibilities :
- A positive attitude
- Understand and comply with all provincial road rules
- Safely operate tractors and implements. Including but not limited to: planters, seeders, sprayers, mulchers, windrowers, harvesters and various tillage implements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and co-workers
- Preform daily equipment maintenance; ensuring all components are functioning properly
- Apply a high attention to detail in order to ensure the best results
- Contribute to the team's goals and provide feedback on how to better operations
- All other duties as assigned
Successful Candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Must have valid driver's license; Class 3A considered an asset
- Pesticide Applicator Certificate or the ability to obtain one considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs)
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in mixed weather conditions
- Proven mechanical aptitude in a farm environment
- GPS familiarity beneficial
All field operations are local to the Kensington and surrounding area. For further information stop into our shop at 281 Old Station Rd. Ask to speak with either Mark MacKinnon or Jared Wright.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online at or in person at the Farm Office at 281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PE, C1N 5J5
If applying in person, please visit the farm office with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver's License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Island Holdings Ltd. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.