Service Technician/ Ceiling Lift Rehab
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 62761
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 884 Westphal Lawtons
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Service Technician/ Ceiling Lift Installer is responsible to provide customer service through the provision of quality workmanship in a timely manner. Responsible for technical installation, service and assembly of Rehab power and mobility equipment. Actively contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
Manage Ceiling Lift Repairs
Ensure parts required for repair are in stock
Ability to use mechanical tools (repair, adjust wheelchairs & related products)
Perform Custom Modifications - access, assemble, install
Share technical expertise with team and clients
Installation of wheel chair accessories
Provide technical support to Field Service Technicians
Other duties as assigned
Adhere to all company Health & Safety guidelines, policies and regulations
Attend all training and certification courses
Maintain required certification
Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
* Other duties as required
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills interpersonal
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and heights
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to travel
- Must be bondable and have a clean driving abstract
- Undergraduate degree or relevant work experience
- Ability to use mechanical tools (repair, adjust wheelchairs & related products)
- General labour, mechanical and/or electrical experience preferred
- Experience with health care equipment
- Experience working in healthcare or rehab field
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.