Facilities Operations Staff
Facilities Operations Staff
(Salary: $23.30 plus BSA)
Competition # 5843.19
CUPE Local 1709
The City of Fredericton is seeking applications for employees specializing in building operations and maintenance. Reporting primarily to a Supervisor(s) within the Building Services Division, the incumbent(s) are responsible to perform general maintenance which would include janitorial, ice maintenance, pool maintenance, equipment maintenance and some minor building repairs, depending on placement within the division. The successful applicant will utilize their acquired skills and previous work experience to conduct quality work. Additional training will be provided in, aquatics, arena operations or building operations depending on work placement. Work is performed under both general supervision, and at times limited supervision. Work scheduled on a rotating shift basis involving daytime, evening, weekend, and holidays is a requirement throughout the year. Acquired skills in building operations, general maintenance or janitorial would be considered an asset. This position may work in any area of Building Services Division depending on programming needs
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of secondary education (Grade 12) education or equivalent,
- Experience in building operations and maintenance along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Relative experience in janitorial/housekeeping services and general maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and academic training may also be considered.
- Will perform tasks required for arena maintenance including janitorial, installation and removal of ice, ice maintenance, board maintenance, preventative maintenance, painting, and equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Will perform tasks associated with aquatics operations including, maintaining water quality, janitorial, preventative maintenance, painting, and general pool maintenance.
- Maintains Log Books in associated work area.
- Responsible for opening and closing of facilities.
- Operates and maintains Ice Resurfacer, and other equipment as required for the job function.
- Drives vehicles and operates any other equipment connected with work assignments.
- Performs other related work as required, throughout the City arenas, pools, and other City owned buildings.
- Monitoring and adjusting mechanical controls, and equipment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and shifts on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Knowledge and Desired Skills:
- Valid Class V NB drivers license;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees (team player) and the public;
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to do strenuous laboring tasks under varying weather conditions;
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards involved in and the safety precautions necessary in the area of work assignments;
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, methods and materials used.
- Diploma in a recognized trade in the focus of buildings
- Ability to speak in both official languages would be considered an asset.
Applicant must successfully pass a criminal record check prior to hire.
Interested individuals may apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 4:30 pm on 2020 January 16
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Internal/External CUPE Local 1709 Posting
2020 January 2