Assistant Category Manager – Local Products (ANBL)
Are you someone who "Dares to do Better" with everything you do?
Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment?
Do you get excited introducing new Products?
Do you enjoy celebrating the small wins and having fun?
If you answered yes to all the above, it sounds like you might be a good fit for our Team!
Reporting to the Category Manager, the Assistant Category Manager will be working closely with local products and producers to manage and optimize the product portfolio, merchandising and marketing strategy. The role offers many opportunities, but will deliver primarily on the following for ANBL:
- Delivering Exceptional Service to both internal and external customers.
- Implementing the Category and Portfolio Plan developed with the Category Manager.
- Maintaining the product portfolio, including listing and delisting recommendations; and monitoring sales targets.
- Developing and delivering on successful marketing and merchandising strategies, and sales goals for Local Products.
- Analyzing and interpreting category data to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the product and consumer needs.
- Sourcing products and reviewing portfolio performance with suppliers.
- Developing relationships with suppliers, representatives and agents.
- Addressing all product related inquiries and delivering presentations.
- Developing plans with the Supply Chain on product flows.
- Owning the portfolio's success and working with others to drive for and deliver results.
- A post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Commerce or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with data analysis.
- A strong learning orientation and a desire to acquire a thorough understanding of category management practices, including product life cycle management.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and attain high standards for self.
- Ability to provide recommendations, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and adjust priorities.
- Experience maintaining data integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficient in MS Office applications with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
It would be fantastic if you also had:
- Experience working in the industry.
- Certification in Category Management and Marketing Principles
- Proficiency in both official languages.
Note: Based on response, the education and experience requirements may be adjusted. We are willing to help you close your education and experience gaps!
Work With Us
Being part of the ANBL category team means being part of an organization that values its employees. In addition to offering a market competitive salary we ensure that our employees can enjoy Work-Life Balance, Professional & Personal Growth and Service Opportunities.
- Work-Life Balance: ANBL offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and a generous pension plan. Employees also have access to a Health Spending Account or Wellness Subsidy; and opportunities to utilize flexible work arrangements.
- Professional & Personal Growth: ANBL supports many types of internal and external activities to support your development needs; including a robust internal Accelerated Leadership Development Program.
- Service: ANBL values your contribution to your community; offering a paid volunteer day each year and many opportunities to contribute to your community throughout the year.
How do I join the ANBL Category Team?
Share your resume and a cover letter with us through our online application system.
All applications should be received no later than: January 13, 2020
Only those under consideration will be contacted. We thank all those who apply!
For more information about ANBL, please visit www.anbl.com