Planner Transportation 1
Sobeys Inc. in Debert, NS
Requisition ID: 62881
Career Group: Transportation
Job Category: Distribution & Logistics
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 0040 Rocky View RSC
Postal Code: B0M1G0
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide daily delivery schedules and solutions to ensure efficient and effective transportation delivery. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- Review daily Routing for errors or omissions. Research, correct and communicate timely action plans
- Work directly with warehouses to determine opportunities for routing/loading/shipping and implement best practices across the Prairie Region
- Oversee, direct, train and coach all Routing and Dispatch staff to ensure continuous departmental coverage for a 24 hr, 7 Day operation
- Liaison with all shipping warehouses and retail locations, related to routing and delivery concerns in order to determine rot cause and correction to support operations, warehousing and customers across all banners and wholesale operations
- Continuous daily review, identify opportunities and drive for cost reductions on all lanes
- System support for routing and dispatch programs in Prairies Region
- Track on-time delivery and shuttle performance of all loads in the Prairies Region, identify deficient, correct misses and develop correct actions to eliminate delivery delays
- Responsible for creating, deploying and communicating all Short week planning schedules for the Prairies Region
- Analysis of and completion of the Owner Operator Payroll program
- Review of lane costing vs plan and identify and implement cost reductions while supporting operations and administration
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of previous Supervisory experience is required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a transportation planning/routing role is required
- Business Diploma
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access databases), JDA, TMS
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy
- Familiarity with Western Canada road network
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.