Marketing and Brand Specialist (Maternity Replacement)
TITLE: Marketing and Brand Specialist (Maternity Replacement) March 09, 2020 to April 2, 2021
REPORTS TO: VP Communications and Partnerships
SALARY: $56,326 -73,225
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the VP Communications and Partnerships, the Marketing and Brand Specialist is responsible for the development of the Museum's brand and delivery of the marketing strategy. The Marketing and Brand Specialist in consultation with the VP Communications and Partnerships will manage the ongoing development and refinement of the Museum's brand and ensure that all activities result in maximum awareness and visitation in support of the Museum's corporate goals. This position helps bring fresh ideas and awareness of marketing trends to the attention of the Museum.
Essential Position Functions
Marketing and Promotion
- Contributes to the development of marketing strategy and campaigns to promote the success of the Museum and achievement of corporate plan goals.
- Provides oversight for creative or agency services. Manages media buys, oversees placement of creative content and post-campaign evaluation.
- Work closely with Digital Media Agency to improve conversion rates and optimize campaign results
- Oversees the design and execution (providing copy, proof reading, etc.) of the advertising and promotion materials for the multiple delivery channels (e.g., paid insertions, donated space, specialty items, special events, sponsorships, partnerships).
- Maintains a retail sales focus to ensure marketing/advertising campaigns have a strong visitation call to action.
- Explores and develops partnerships for the Museum with opportunities to grow audience through relationships, sponsorships or cross-promotion.
- Manages market research, testing and statistical information. Using this data provides suggestions for audience development by understanding the differentiating needs of traditional vs. new target audiences (demographic, geographic, special interest) and recommends inventive and cost effective ways to grow awareness amongst them.
- Assists Audience Engagement with development of annual visitor survey. Conducts competitive analysis and undertakes market research of other attractions and competitors in our marketplace.
- Stays current on marketing trends especially related to online and digital advertising and best practices in online analytics.
- Provides marketing support to all departments across the organization.
- Oversees the Museum's brand ensuring that the brand is integrated across all visitor touch points, including exhibitions, programming and marketing materials.
- Manages image archives for marketing and branding purposes.
- Working closely with the Graphic Designer acting as a brand champion for the Museum ensuring the brand is consistent across all channels.
- Works with the Digital Platforms Manager to develop, implement and maintain online brand identity.
- Oversees day-to-day management of marketing communications budget, tracking expenses and negotiating with vendors to achieve best value for the Museum.
Education, Knowledge & Experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Communications or related field.
- Minimum two years' experience in a marketing and branding role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write for the web and effective ad copy.
- Demonstrated relationship management and business development skills including experience managing relationships with creative services and negotiating with vendors.
- Experience in the project management, evaluation and branded communications ideally in a non-profit or government environment.
- Solid understanding of digital advertising, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM, Paid Social and Programmatic
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and Google Tag Manager
- Experience in print production, layout and design, preferable with working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently
- Superior attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to champion ideas, build consensus and listen to others
- Creative and solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of working independently and in a small team environment.
- The ability to communicate in French oral and written, is a significant asset.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. The Museum is not a designated employer under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot
- Visitor Focus - knowledge and ability to provide high levels of service to both internal and external customers, leading to high visitor satisfaction and established relationships in a visitor-centric environment
- Communication - knowledge of various communication methods, and the ability to present and receive information in the most appropriate manner
- Problem Solving - knowledge of problem-solving and decision-making techniques, and the ability to generate solutions to problems and decide on a course of action
- Adaptability - knowledge and ability to effectively manage ones' own behaviour and positively influence the actions of others during times of change, stress or uncertainty
- Integrity and Trust - ability to operate with a high degree of honesty and openness, such that respect and trust is earned by coworkers and customers
- Managing vision and purpose - communicates an inspiring, optimistic vision of the future in such a way that others are motivated to share in the vision
- Planning & Organizing - effectively manages resources (people, funding, material, support) and eliminates roadblocks to achieve goals
- Motivation - encourages others to do their best through empowerment, reward and recognition, delegation, and the creation of a positive work environment and strong teams
- Impact & Influence - able to assume leadership, even under challenging or difficult situations, and provide direction and impact the behaviour of others in a positive way
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Work is in an office environment.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours as required.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a resume and a cover letter to Jennifer Sutherland, VP Communications and Partnerships at email@example.com
Competition closes Friday, January 31, 2020 4:30 PM AST
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.