Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Gulf Operators, Ltd. in Saint John, NB
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Gulf Operators Ltd. is a civil contractor experienced in all aspects of civil work including concrete work, excavation, water and sewer, as well as aggregate production and sales.
At Gulf Operators Ltd. you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. We are always seeking to attract the very best talent for our varied operations.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Troubleshooting equipment and perform equipment repairs
- Ordering of appropriate parts
- Working with supervisors, customers, and fellow mechanics on various tasks
- Providing support for onsite safety requirements
- Safe operation and upkeep of company mobile service unit
- Various other garage-related activities
- Red Seal Certified Heavy Equipment (Minimum requirement)
- Red Seal Truck and Trailer Certified (Asset)
- 5-10 years of progressive experience as Heavy Duty Service Technician with proven mobile field work
- Valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract
- Dedicated to safety
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well versed in machine software packages
- Technologically inclined (Computer, Smartphones, Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with mechanical reliability principles and programs
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work with shifting priorities and multiple tasks
- Customer focused and able to work with others at all levels of management
- Ability to work independently with a mobile service truck
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as required
What We Offer:
- This position offers a competitive wage rate and comprehensive benefits package with health, drug, dental and RRSPs.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Gulf Operators Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.