J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
J.D Irving Limited, Information Technology is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic and collaborative people. At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is integral to how we work with and support our customers.
With over 320 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our team the opportunity to create real value by helping people and business work smarter. JDI IT supports all of the J.D. Irving Ltd. group of companies and therefore offers opportunities and experiences across a wide breath of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We invest in continuous professional growth and believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success - as such, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes!
Sound good so far? Then please read on - and if the below description fits your interests and experience, we encourage you to apply. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We currently have an opportunity for a Contracts Specialist in Saint John, N.B.
The JDI IT purchasing team is dedicated to procuring all technical goods and services for the JD Irving group of companies. With a focus on cost savings, optimizing return on investment for our business and driving the best value for all IT spend, this team processes over 2,500 purchase orders a year. The Purchasing Team works in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment to support the technology advancement of JD Irving Ltd. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Contracts Specialist will be highly customer centric with the ability to execute at a fast pace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure maintenance contract renewals are completed on time and align with the existing approved master software/SAAS agreement
- Negotiate terms and conditions to optimize value related to maintenance/support contracts
- Ensure all contracts are managed in the contract database, Contract Assistant.
- Work closely with the IT technical team and the IT Leadership team to ensure proactive management of maintenance renewals
- Lead bi-annual reviews with the IT Leaders and secure pre-approval of the contracts
- Maintain detailed and organized documents required for purchase orders
- Monitor maintenance contract renewal performance, including the reporting and status of contract
- Work with Finance group to resolve invoice discrepancies related to maintenance contract renewals.
- Work with JDI IT Finance lead and IT Directors on the annual IT budgeting activities
- Work on annual requests related to maintenance contract renewal spend and savings
- Education Required: University Degree or College Diploma
- Years of Experience: 2 -5 years' experience in a procurement field, experience within the IT industry would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft office, specifically excel
- Highly energetic individual with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated focus on customer service through exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- High attention to detail with an aptitude for technology
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience using JD Edwards, Basware and Contract Assistant would be considered an asset
- An SCMP designation or enrollment in the SCMP program would be an asset
- Experience or training in Lean Six Sigma
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.