Rogers Communications Inc. in Vancouver, BC
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
NEWS 1130 has an exciting opportunity for an multi-platform journalist to produce compelling, original content. Reporting to the Managing Editor Web/New Media in Vancouver, Web Editor/Reporter will be responsible for
- Producing compelling, original content for NEWS1130.com with no spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors.
- Staying on top of NEWS 1130's social media channels, and sending out Breaking News Alerts as necessary.
- Producing compelling, original stories for the on-air news run on NEWS 1130, as assigned by the Editor.
- Conducting and editing news interviews, writing and voicing stories in a timely and professional manner.
- Broadcasting live from news events as needed.
- Bringing story ideas to the table on a daily basis that reflects NEWS 1130's style and format.
- Adding new ideas or follow-ups to the assignment system.
- Be a graduate of a recognized journalism program, with a focus on digital news and broadcast an asset.
- Have at least 1-year experience reporting in a medium or large Canadian market.
- Be brimming with ideas, enthusiasm, and initiative in tracking down, pitching, and creating relevant and entertaining stories for the station.
- Be able to translate those radio reports into well-constructed stories for NEWS 1130.com, using all of the tools necessary for great digital storytelling.
- Be up to speed on social media, able to use it as a newsgathering tool and as a way to develop contacts.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Be self-motivated but also able to play well in the sandbox with others.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 177346
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]