Rogers Communications Inc. in Vancouver, BC
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
NEWS 1130 has an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital journalist to produce compelling, original content for our popular website. Reporting to the Managing Editor Web/New Media in Vancouver, the Digital Reporter will be responsible for:
- Producing compelling, original content relevant for NEWS 1130's digital audience
- Creating engaging content for NEWS 1130's various social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Making sure stories produced are clear of spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors.
- Helping Web Editors stay on top of NEWS 1130's social media channels, and sending out Breaking News Alerts, as necessary.
- Helping Web Editors post stories to NEWS1130.com, as necessary.
- Bringing story ideas to the table on a daily basis that reflects NEWS 1130's style and format.
- Adding new ideas or follow-ups to the assignment system.
- Be a graduate of a recognized journalism program, with a focus on digital an asset.
- Have at least 2-years of experience reporting in a medium or large Canadian market.
- Be brimming with ideas, enthusiasm, and initiative in tracking down, pitching, and creating relevant and entertaining stories for the station.
- Have experience with data journalism and creating pictographs.
- Be up to speed on social media, able to use it as a news-gathering tool and as a way to develop contacts.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Be self-motivated but also able to play well in the sandbox with others.
- Have a valid full provincial driver's license.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 176677
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]