Municipal Relations Specialist
Rogers Communications Inc. in Burnaby, BC
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Municipal Relations Specialist (Universal Fiber Plan focus)
Job Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Establish, manage and sustain relationships with municipalities across the lower mainland for Rogers' fibre program.
- Review fibre designs, engineered drawings, streets/utilities infrastructure and permit drawings.
- Manage all aspects of the fibre program including project scoping, vendor management, project delivery plan, project management, monitoring and reporting through the application of proven project management principles and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain all project documentation (Project Plan, Issue and Action Logs, Risk Management, Communication Plan, Status Reports, Post Implementation Reviews, etc.).
- Identify benefits expected from initiatives and conduct post implementation reviews to report on and track results.
- Pull together resources effectively to implement projects. Orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish objectives.
- Use critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage potential risks that will arise. Communicate these to the stakeholders on a regular basis and ensure decisions are made quickly and effectively.
- Maintain the Project Management Office Lessons Learned database, and apply lessons learned to all initiatives. Where process creation or modification recommendations result from the lesson learned, Project Manager is responsible for determining ownership within the organization and managing the implementation of recommended solutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of templates, procedures and processes as part of the continuous development of the Wireless Customer Deployment team.
- Strategic thinker and problem solving oriented thought process.
- Experience with working with local and provincial government bodies.
- Experience in working with AE firms and contractors.
- Minimum (5) years of demonstrated progressive experience in project management, preferably in projects associated with the deployment or implementation of services for customers. Preference that this experience is in telecommunications industry.
- Experience in managing a group of simultaneous initiatives.
- Post secondary education, preferably in a business administration or project management related discipline.
- Completely conversant in Microsoft Project and other MS Office tools.
- Knowledge and consistent application of proven industry standard Project Management approaches.
- Project Management designation an asset but not required.
- High level of energy and strong passion to lead team members to successful completion of projects and to ensure the delivery of a positive customer experience.
- Great attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and an ability to manage time and reset priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Superior skill set including: analytical thinking and problem solving, coaching and leadership, presentation and facilitation, negotiation and relationship building and proficient probing, listening and positioning skills and a good risk manager.
- Experience in Telco Real Estate Acquisition and associated industry relationships is a requirement
- Experience in large telecom projects
- Experience and understanding of Telco lease and municipal development process
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 4710 Kingsway, Suite 1600 (157), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Posting Category/Function: Regulatory & Policy
Requisition ID: 170877
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]