Rogers Communications Inc. in Burnaby, BC
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Working as part of a highly interdependent team, the Fibre Planner must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be a clear and concise communicator with excellent written and spoken English. Self-motivation, independent problem-solving abilities and an organized nature are key character assets. The ability to work well and productively with the rest of the team while under pressure to meet objectives and deadlines is essential.
- Timely delivery of a complete plan/build process which includes:
- Oversight of project planning, design, and construction
- Municipal and utility and government permitting
- Knowledge of private easement and right of way regulations and negotiation
- Governance and control of project financials
- Update and create/maintain project management tools and internal tracking documents - including uploading of as-built milestones
- Track all details of fibre projects including budgetary, design and construction
- Bottleneck analysis of project management data to determine where program risks reside and working with stakeholders to remove obstructions
- Produce fibre project estimate reports for internal customers
- Extensive use of civil construction skills and familiarity with civil construction practices, methodology, standards and the bylaws/requirements of municipalities and utilities is essential;
- Planning, costing and build management of any changes or additions to the Roger's Fibre network;
- Knowledge of Change Management procedures when coordinating work on a live network;
- Surveying existing plant structures and proposed routes to ensure accuracy of field information in preparation for the design of new projects;
- Preparation and presentation of proposals, spreadsheets and reports at all organizational levels;
- Use of spatial databases, Computer Aided Design and project management software;
- Undertake extensive relationship development both internally and with municipalities, government agencies, utilities and other carriers. Principally, this collaboration is in order to co-build and save costs, maximize the value of the network as a commodity and improve and enhance the network;
- Up to 20% travel within province.
- High initiative, integrity, individual accountability, and adaptability
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of fibre technology, engineering calculations for pole loading, fibre network construction, fibre testing technologies and test results interpretations
- Demonstrable history of successfully completing large network cabling (aerial, underground and internal) and associated infrastructure projects
- Proficiency in SpatialNet and Rogers' proprietary project management software (RPATS) and other program management tracking tools is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Post-Secondary diploma in one of the following is preferred: Electronic, Civil engineering/Construction Technology, Data Communications
- Extensive contact network within the industry considered a major asset
- Successful candidates will be assessed on practical knowledge, proven abilities and experience as well as other qualifications.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 4710 Kingsway, Suite 1600 (157), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 170876
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]