Registered Nurse I – Float (Repost)
Location: Burin Peninsula Health Centre
Registered Nurse I - Float (Repost)
Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (12 hour rotating shift work; days; nights; weekends)
Salary: NS-28, ($32.33 - $40.03 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019006222
Posted Date: 10 December 2019
Closing Date: 20 December 2019
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
Registered Nurses coordinate and participate in the delivery of holistic and supportive care to patients/clients/residents by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating the plan of care. This may include the provision of emergency, health promotion, curative, supportive, rehabilitative and palliative services. They also provide professional supervision and direction to the nursing care team while supporting other members of the interprofessional team to achieve safe and effective care to residents. They ensure that documentation and nursing policies and practices are followed, and they work together with families to ensure the highest standard of patient/resident/client centered care is provided.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves/lifts up to 10 lbs., regularly moves/lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally is required to restrain/reposition/move/lift up to 30 lbs. Pushes/pulls up to medium force.
- Constantly stands/walks and works in awkward or cramped positions to assist with procedures.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision, auditory, sensory and visual concentration to provide and conduct risk assessments, observe/monitor patients, to complete documents, follow directions, administer medications, etc.
- May be subject to time pressures/deadlines and subject to lack of control over work pace.
- Graduation from an approved/recognized school of nursing program is required.
- Current practicing license with the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (CRNNL).
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.