Leeside Transition House
Strait Area Women's Place
Leeside Society is seeking an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR who will provide strategic leadership, and is specifically responsible for administrative and fiscal management, workplace supervision and general operation of Leeside Society programs. Located in Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, we support the women of eastern Cape Breton.
Our Executive Director directs programing and services at two facilities in our community, Leeside Transition House and Strait Area Women's Place. She develops and manages a supportive environment that integrates trauma-informed care principles into programming, while maintaining a feminist perspective
Does this describe where you want your career path to take you next? Please let us know about yourself, and about your combination of experiential and formal learning. More specifically, we are looking for:
- Experience developing and supporting key internal and external relationships including our clients, support counsellors and the broader community support network,
- Experience integrating the principles of trauma-informed care into client programming, experience in direct crisis services delivery, including counselling and advocacy,
- Minimum of five years of progressive management experience in a voluntary or non-profit organization which includes financial accountability,
- Ability to interpret parameters of legislation related to domestic violence, and documents pertaining to human rights and privacy,
- Well developed foundational and role specific competencies such as emotional intelligence, communication and judgment skills, conflict resolution, property management, risk management and effectively manage interpersonal interactions,
- University degree, preferably a master's degree, in Social Work, Psychology, Women's Studies, Education or Public or Business Administration.
Salary is commensurate with the salaries of other women-serving non-profit organizations in the province. We offer a benefit package which includes a medical plan and provisions for leave.
To submit your resume and supporting relevant documentation (.pdf format), or for a more detailed position description, please email us at LeesideED2020@gmail.com.