Patient Experiene Advisor
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Non bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Quality and Patient Safety
CLASSIFICATION : Patient Experiene Advisor
STATUS :Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : December 2019
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the Manager of Quality and Patient Safety, the incumbent will be responsible to ensure the integration of best practices in customer satisfaction for the institutions within the service. This integration is done in the application and support of patient and family-centered care and delivery of service for all institutions and programs within the region. He/she will work closely with all levels of the organization in applying strategies to solicit feedback and to listen to patients and their families in order to improve the quality of care and services and patient experience.
The incumbent will also be responsible to apply an integrated approach to managing and handling complaints to view complaints as sources of information to improve services. He/she ensures that processes are effective, transparent, accountable and reasonable while ensuring that the interests of stakeholders are represented. The incumbent liaises with patients and their families / relatives and all staff to facilitate the handling and effective resolution of complaints.
The incumbent also works closely on continuous improvement of quality, patient safety, and standards and best practice integration activities that fall under the accreditation process, equally supported by the Quality Department.
- Bachelor's degree in the healthcare field or any combination of education and experience deemed equivalent;
- Specific training in quality management or patient safety with a provision to obtain this training within two years of entry;
- Master's degree would be considered an asset;
- Five (5) years of varied experience in the healthcare field;
- Clinical experience in a hospital setting;
- Management experience would be considered an asset;
- Good ability to analyze and solve complex problems;
- Leadership skills with the ability to mobilize / engage others towards a common goal;
- Group facilitation/encounter skills and conflict management;
- Strong organizational skills, good judgment and ability to prioritize work;
- Competence in research methodology and interpretation of results;
- Skills in team facilitation, coordination of initiatives and development and presentation of educational materials;
- Good communication skills in all aspects (reading, writing, speaking);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Meditech (MedQM, PCI) and other tools;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment