Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 60441
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Postal Code: B0K 1SO
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys currently has an exciting opportunity for a Business Technologist to join our IT department based out of our office in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Administer virtualized environments (VMware)
- Develop and Deploy automation tools to aid in system management activities
- Install Operating System software (Windows Server), upgrades, maintenance fixes/patches (Standalone/VM), and third party software applications following Sobeys standards
- Participate in architecture design and reviews
- Participate in a rotational 24-hour on-call support for all INTEL production systems and supporting infrastructure
- Perform root cause analysis, and resolution for incidents with software systems and programs
- Participate in application migrations from Physical to Virtual
- Support and work with consultants/technicians to correct any hardware/OS issues that may arise
- Provide technical expertise on projects of medium to high complexity
- Participate in all areas of analysis, quality assurance, and performance tuning with project teams
- Analyze applications that have response and throughput problems
- Develop and maintain Technical Recovery Plans for systems, databases and applications
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises to validate documented procedures
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- College/University Degree in a related discipline
- Minimum of 1-3 years in a Windows Systems Administration role
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite
- Experience supporting multiple vendor server platforms
- Experience supporting Microsoft software server applications including SQ
- Experience with virtual server technology including VMware
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven Self-Starter
- Familiarity with installing Operating System software (Windows Server), upgrades, maintenance fixes/patches (Standalone/Virtual), and third party software applications in a large environment
- Ability to apply quality assurance principals and practices
- Ability to manage technical projects as required by management
- Ability to coordinate development environment and assist in the conversion of applications to new technologies
- Familiarity with System Administration processes (INTEL)
o Virtualization (VMware)
o Storage Management
o Database Administration (SQL, other)
o Backup Solutions (Spectrum Protect)
- Development and scripting experience (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.