Director of Supply Chain Management
The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
We are looking for a Director of Supply Chain Management who will be based in the greater Saint John area, New Brunswick and will report to the Chief Financial Officer. As the Director of Supply Chain Management, you will be responsible to plan, organize, direct, manage and evaluate strategic procurement activities for WorkSafeNB.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide leadership, expertise, mentorship, coaching and development opportunities to the Supply Chain Management team to enhance departmental performance and to enable achievement of individual accountabilities
- Provide leadership by developing and implementing robust operating plans for the supply chain area that are consistent with and aligned to the overall strategic agenda of WorkSafeNB
- Establish and develop a culture within the Supply Chain Management department of continuous improvement with a persistent drive for excellence
- Provide education and communication WorkSafeNB-wide on the various initiatives, legislative standards or policy compliance required as an entity under public procurement practices
- Ensure consistent and regular open and transparent communication to all levels of management and other staff on key procurement activities and expectations
- Develop and manage relationships with external agencies, and government organizations, to build business partnerships and to share best practices and policies in supply chain services
You will have demonstrated abilities in the following competencies:
- Nurturing Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Leading Change
- Effective Communications
- Emotional Intelligence
- Developing Others
As an ideal candidate you possess:
- University degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of supply chain management experience, with 3- 5 years of demonstrated success in team leadership
- Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) certification or equivalent certification
- Public Procurement Experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Proficiency in English, written and spoken, is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance and LTD insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by December 31, 2019.