Senior Financial Analyst
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 59885
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Finance
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Dartmouth Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst - Reporting, Forecasting, and Budgeting (Related Business) to join our Finance Business Support team based out of our office in Dartmouth, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Responsible for standard reporting and ad hoc analysis for past and present financial and KPI information
- Support their respective business partners and the finance team in interpreting the trends and variances in key reporting in support of decisions that are required to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability of the organization
- Ensuring business partners have relevant, reliable and timely financial information including Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and appropriate variance analysis
- Providing timely responses to queries and follow up on issues
- Support the preparation of budgets and forecasts, as assigned.
- Provide the Sobeys Shared Service team relevant information pertinent to transactional processing, or the accuracy and completeness of the organization's books of record
- Business support reporting will include such items as:
- Sales and related KPI reporting
- Gross margin, inventory and labor related analysis
- Fixed expense budgets for stores
- Store/Banner/Market or District reporting of actual vs budget
- Put forward suggestions to improve functional areas processes
- Provide excellent level of customer service to all levels of the business
- Assist in development of performance analysis
- Communicate effectively with functional area managers and employees
- Analyze capital investment opportunities as required
- Create and maintain budget, proforma and/or reporting templates
- Perform required administrative tasks which may include running SAP /Longview reports, participating in meetings, and responding to phone and e-mail messages
- Special projects as assigned
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- A relevant university degree (Business with a focus in Accounting, Finance, etc.)
- 5+ years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance
- Completion of or working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, with a variety of audiences and levels of management
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use multiple computerized systems to compile useful information including SAP, Longview, and other ad-hoc systems
- Proven time management, organization, prioritization, and multi tasking skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.