Autism Intervention Services (AIS) is responsible to offer evidence based intervention services to preschool children who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in the province of New-Brunswick. AIS' philosophy is to offer treatment in the most natural environment possible and therefore prioritizes home based services or community-based services.
AIS is currently looking to hire Behaviour Interventionists for the Moncton and surrounding areas: Dieppe, Riverview, Bouctouche, Richibucto and the Kent area.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
This person will demonstrate exceptional abilities to work in a team setting and will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity, adopting and respecting AIS' mission and values.
Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Valid Driver's license and access to a vehicle as travel is required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed a high school education, preferably with some post- secondary education
- Demonstrates a strong desire to work with children with ASD
- Have completed or shown intent to complete the provincial Education and Early Childhood Development level 1 Autism training, offered once hired
- Have completed a criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and Social Development prior contact check within the past five years
- Have completed or will complete a Workplace First Aide Course
Roles and Responsibilities:
A behaviour interventionist is responsible for working directly with a child to implement behavioural intervention programs that are written to address the personalized learning plan goals. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Playing and interacting socially with a child to build rapport during the intake process or when beginning to work with a new client
- Working one on one with preschool children with autism implementing individualized evidence based strategies/programs
- Working in family homes, in daycares and agency's center
- Administering programs to support the intervention goals
- Collecting data, summarizing data, and communicating as needed with the supervisor
- Maintaining compliance with the agency's policies and procedures
- Communicating with the families
- Being receptive to feedback and implementing suggestions
- Demonstrating good work ethic (punctual and good attendance)
- Demonstrating professionalism and good communication skills
- Adhering to confidentiality
- Competitive salary offered
- Group medical and dental insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Travel expenses
- Vacation and sick time
Applicants are encouraged to apply by email to:
Moncton Office: email@example.com
We thank all applicants and will only contact candidates which we are interested in interviewing.