Manager, Insurance Sales Acquisition
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
The Direct Life & Health (DLH) Acquisition Team within TD Insurance is responsible for sales distribution of the DLH and Travel products through four distinct sales channels: Phone Channel, Online, Wealth, and Affinity. Our mandate centers on the development and execution of sales channel strategies that will help us achieve our end goals: growing market share by protecting more customers and promoting a Legendary customer experience.
The team is accountable for the following:
- Developing and executing campaign, communication and training strategies to support sales capabilities and product knowledge on TDI's direct life & health products-term life, accident & sickness, travel medical.
- Working collaboratively and managing relationships with our channel and product partners to provide leadership and support for sales and customer experience strategies, process and procedure initiatives that improve acquisition and/or retention results.
- Impacting and influencing our channel partners by leveraging data and analytics to identify acquisition opportunities and provide insight to meet common objectives, including driving sales capabilities & results and delivering legendary customer experiences.
The general accountabilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct in field visits with partners in Phone Channel, General Insurance and Wealth; this includes participating in team meetings to share best practices and increase awareness of TD Insurance's DLH products.
- Support the execution of successful Phone Channel strategies, tactics & vision in partnership with DLH Product and Phone Channel teams
- Build strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders in Phone Channel, General Insurance and Wealth.
- Provide insight and support for the ongoing assessment, prioritization, and execution of initiatives that will impact the sales, servicing, and retention of DLH products within the Phone Channel.
- Identify opportunities to improve overall DLH sales performance via in field coaching and development at both the team leader and insurance advisor levels, at both Phone Channel and with General Insurance and Wealth partners.
- Identify opportunities to improve overall DLH sales performance via marketing campaigns, channel sales efficiency, operational and technology improvements.
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment, prioritization, and execution of initiatives that will impact the sales, servicing, and retention of DLH products within the Phone Channel.
- Act as a SME for partnerships involving other groups within, and outside, Direct Life and Health-including Marketing, Product owners, and Innovation on initiatives including product launches, enhancements, and sales process simplification
- Previous sales leadership experience, preferably in Phone Channel or other contact center management and/or insurance-related.
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills, to both small and large audiences.
- Superior communications skills-both written and verbal are essential.
- Solid knowledge of TD's sales and service 'best practices' to support DLH products through all distribution channels is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to build relationships and credibility with key stakeholder groups.
- Strong commitment to productivity, and able to work through and prioritize multiple competing requests with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, and comfortable in making balanced decisions impacting all stakeholders-customers, shareholders and employees.
- Flexibility to adapt and respond to changing criteria and instructions, often driven by ambiguity in a growing channel.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong organizational awareness.
- Ability to travel to relevant partner locations across Canada.
- Insurance knowledge and sales experience is considered an asset.
- Leadership experience in Product and/or Channel Management roles is considered an asset.
- Experience with insurance systems, from a sales or adjudication perspective, is considered an asset.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.