New Brunswick Legal Aid
Open Competition, Regular Fulltime
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (NBLASC) is seeking an individual to work as an Intake Officer in the Moncton regional office. The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide range of duties and will be privy to confidential information inherent to this position. This position requires an individual who can multi-task while maintaining attention to detail. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for coverage of the reception: greet public, answer and return calls, direct clients towards the appropriate services, open and distribute mail;
- Ensure intake services to the public: screen requests in person and on the phone based on NBLASC scope of service and financial criteria, explain requirements to applicants;
- Book intake appointments according to priorities, interview applicants for intake applications to complete comprehensive assessment of eligibility for legal aid services and ensure follow-up;
- Process applications with the case management system and the use of other applications, coordinate with staff and private lawyers to assign files;
- Responsible for ensuring that courts are covered, and private bar lawyers are engaged when necessary;
- Liaise with members of the private bar and judiciary as required;
- Responsible for ordering supplies, filing documents and performing other administrative tasks as needed.
- Completion of post-secondary training in a related discipline;
- A minimum 2 years of related experience;
- Written and spoken competence in English and in French (Please state your language capability);
- Knowledge of Court and law office practices and procedures;
- High proficiency in the area of office technology and MS Suite (Word, Excel, etc.);
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Concern for Order;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Information Seeking.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skill level and experience:
NBLASC Administrative Series II
$1,604 - $1,948 biweekly
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by January 5, 2020 to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Att: Marie-Michèle Dugas, HR Manager
INTAKE MONCTON COMPETITION
500 Beaverbrook Court Suite 501
Fredericton, NB E3B 5X4
Or by email :Marie-Michele.Dugas@gnb.ca
*Please state "Intake Moncton Competition" in your email
Note: Applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.