Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre - Grand Falls - Thomas-Albert High School
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health Centre - Child and Youth Team
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
08:00 to 16:30
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will provide community mental health nursing services to clients and their family. Services include evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, case management, consultation, crisis intervention, and promotion of mental health. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other community services and will be required to work within an interdisciplinary team. Work must be carried in accordance with the guidelines and policies by the Vitalité Health Network and in accordance with the nursing code of ethics and recognized nursing standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and one-year work experience in the field of mental health and/or addiction, OR completion of a recognized nursing program, with a post-secondary certificate in mental health and three years work experience in the field of mental health and/or addiction;
- Member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Ability to complete, within the set deadline, courses in CPR, non-violent crisis intervention, and suicide intervention (ASIST);
- Initiative, diligence, and professional judgment;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, co-workers, other partners and organizations, as well as the general public;
- Helping relationship ability;
- Ability to provide educational sessions to patients, families and community groups;
- Problem solving and clinical communication skills;
- Good computer skills and proficiency in the use of software;
- Willingness to travel throughout the territory served by the zone 6;
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network .
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required
1. The incumbent may be required to accompany a patient during a transfer.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.