User Support Analyst
Service New Brunswick
User Support Analyst
Pay Band 3
Service New Brunswick (SNB) is seeking an individual to join the Provincial Health Application Services Branch within the Technology Services Division as a User Support Analyst in Fredericton.
As a member of the Technology Services team, you will report to the Manager of Provincial Health Application Services and be responsible for supporting various business application systems.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Receive calls from users having problems using software applications or inquiring how to use specific software applications
- Prioritize, investigate, and escalate issues to assure timely and efficient resolution
- Carry out fact-finding and analysis of problems and determining the most effective resolution procedure
- Suggest, test, implement, and evaluate solutions
- Collaborate with other support members, teams, managers, or vendors as deemed necessary
- Maintain records of work activities and documenting issues
- Identify trends and recommending solutions and resources
- Process received forms that are submitted in relation to application processes
- Create, modify and/or delete user accounts
- Define, develop, and distribute accurate and timely consolidated reporting, such as daily operational reports, weekly status reports, monthly, and adhoc data reports
- Review and contribute to the regression testing of patches, updated functionality, and stress testing. Identify, design, and update test cases or processes based on prioritized testing activities
- Provide guidance to other team members on the practices of issue and account management, testing, data corrections, and reporting
- Multi-task in a fast pace environment with multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines, and any other related duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A relevant university degree OR a related two (2) year diploma and a minimum of two (2) years related experience.
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Application support
- Technical user support role
- Dealing with incident management and resolution
- Security profiles and dealing with personal client information
- A+ computer certification
- Software testing methodologies
- Microsoft Office Suite
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: This position may require limited flexibility in working hours, with occasional weekday evening or weekend work.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Information Seeking
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Written Communication
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $44,954- $62,842 annually - Pay Band 3 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address by December 16, 2019 indicating competition number R85-2019/20-1029. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!