Supply Chain Director, Purchasing
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR - PURCHASING
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world.
Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Reporting to the Vice President- Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Director - Purchasing will be responsible for the execution of the Supply Chain Strategy, and for the cost, quality, and delivery performance of the supply base in support of ISI.
This is a fulltime, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax, NS
- Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Professional accreditations or an MBA preferred
- Years of Experience Required:
- 7-10 years management and leadership in Supply Chain Management
- 5 Years' Experience in Naval Shipbuilding
- Excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business
- Excellent communications skills
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
- Developing people
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Work with the members of Production and Planning, provide leadership that ensures all production strategy requirements are effectively met by suppliers
- Ensure that production is planned within the capability of the supply chain and with active management of any constraints
- Direct and manage the delivery of products and services to ISI from external suppliers, including all raw materials and finished parts, equipment, commodities and subcontractors
- Build relationships at Executive level with suppliers to ensure that problems, issues and improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Develop and continuously improve the capability of the supply base
- Manage all suppliers' costs to target
- Continually assess supply chain risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Develop and continuously improve the capability of the organization, deploying supply chain professionals to further the aims of the company and in compliance with the ISI Business Management Model
- Provide input to the design and development of the supply chain, including supplier selection
- Drive improvement in the performance of the overall supply chain
- Drive continuous improvement in all operational processes in the business
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
For further details, please contact Jenna MacDonald at:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.