Vice-President of Human Resources
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
CLASSIFICATION: Vice-President of Human Resources
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: December 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Vice-President of Human Resources is responsible for designing and implementing the services, programs and processes needed to manage human resources within Vitalité Health Network. The incumbent demonstrates innovative leadership to promote excellence in the human resources sector. They strive to create an organizational culture focused on organizational development, talent acquisition, employee retention, competency development and labour relations to better meet current and future challenges. The incumbent acts as a change agent and sets the tone for the overall direction of their sector while relying on best practices, an evidence-based approach, technology, and transformation processes to achieve effective and efficient delivery of client-oriented care and services.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline (HR, MBA, MPA or health care management);
- Degree in legal services (law, forensics, conflict resolution) would be an asset;
- Over ten years' progressive management experience;
- Strong management skills, including HR management, financial management, problem solving and analysis, management of a learning organization, planning, system transformation and program evaluation;
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to develop close ties with the Leadership Team, achieve results and change established systems;
- Critical thinking and an innovative management style combined with in-depth knowledge of the legislation and regulations governing the health care sector;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationships with an open mind, and passion for client service excellence;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment