Safety Advisor (12 - Month Term)
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SAFETY ADVISOR (12-MONTH TERM)
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world.
Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2 - 5 years relevant HSE experience in an Industrial Environment
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) Designation would be considered an asset
- Confined space experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Conduct inspections and verify safe work conditions including permitting.
- Advise and train employees on HSE policies and procedures
- Recognition and communication of at risk behaviors
- Conduct routine work place inspections
- Conduct accident investigations
- Conduct HSE training and promotion initiatives that meet / exceed regulatory minimums
- Provide ongoing support to employees and front line management in the effective execution of HSE programs and initiatives
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.