Fix Auto in Dartmouth & Halifax require an Estimator.
As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, the Steele Auto Group is committed to the growth and development of our employees. We believe we are only as strong as our staff, so if you are looking for a challenging, rewarding and exciting career, we invite you to apply today.
The Automotive Body Shop Estimator is the primary point of contact with customers requiring estimates for vehicle repairs. The Estimator is responsible for estimating parts and labour requirements and costs for repairs. The incumbent examines the extent of damages on vehicles and provides estimates to customers while ensuring superior customer service is provided at all times.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Estimate parts and labour requirements to repair damages to vehicles that are brought into the shop
- Use standard automotive labour and parts-cost manuals to determine estimates for customers
- Examine damages to vehicles to determine the extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical or interior damage
- Review repair-cost estimates with Body Shop Manager to ensure proper estimate was determined
- Prepare estimate documentation for customers; maintain accurate documentation and obtain customer signatures as required
- Plan and coordinate part requirements for Body Shop jobs
- Speak directly with customers to go over repair estimates
- Answer any questions regarding estimates provided to customers
- Track all estimates provided to customers
- Ensure superior customer service is given to every customer, or potential customer, at all times
- Any other duties as required
- Completion of a motor vehicle body repair apprenticeship program or a combination of over 2 years of work experience in the motor vehicle body repair trade
- 2 years' of experience in automotive body shop estimating
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Proven abilities in automotive body repairs
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Lifting or moving up to 80 lbs may be required
- Manual dexterity required to operate and use necessary tools and equipment
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large
- Indoor and outdoor conditions
- Overtime may be required
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Travel to other SAG locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Full benefits package
- Company match RRSP program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive wages
- A safe, professional and dynamic work environment
If you want to work for an organization that values and rewards hard work, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement, please apply today; be sure to include your resume and cover letter.
We sincerely thank our applicants interested in this opportunity and wish to advise that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Steele Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If selected for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations you may require throughout the recruitment process.