Journeyperson Cooks – Vessels
More than a job, it's an adventure.
Set sail with Marine Atlantic
Journeyperson Cooks - Vessels
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to build a career, work in a fast-paced team environment, interact with people from all over the world, make life-long friends and earn up to $28.85 per hour?
Marine Atlantic is recruiting for Journeyperson Cooks to work onboard our ferries starting in the summer of 2020. Candidates must be proficient in written and spoken English and it's a bonus if you speak French!
As a member of our Passenger Services team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities. Benefits of employment include competitive salaries, a defined benefit pension plan and comprehensive health benefits package. Marine Atlantic is dedicated to creating a respectful environment that values Safety, Diversity, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Commitment. Come join us, navigate your career and chart a course for success.
As a Journeyperson Cook, you will:
- Work in our onboard food services environment
- Follow recipe standards to prepare menu items for passengers and crew
- Maintain consistently high sanitation standards in our food services areas
- Provide cheerful, friendly, helpful customer service
- Contribute to a respectful workplace and uphold our corporate values
What will my schedule look like?
While these positions are considered on-call, spare and relief, our goal is to provide a schedule of 15 days of work during a month with 15 days off. Spare and relief employees may not always work 15 days in a month, and the days may not always be consecutive. Employees will be provided living accommodations while working onboard the vessels, and schedules will vary depending on operational and staffing requirements.
What do I need to be considered for this adventure?
- Journeyperson Cook (Interprovincial Red Seal)
- Commitment to safety
- Dedicated to a high level of sanitation and hygiene excellence
- Minimum of two (2) years' previous experience in food preparation and service
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills with a genuine passion for serving others
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Be impeccably groomed and wear our uniform in accordance with standards
- Able to complete a valid Transport Canada Marine Medical, STCW 6.1, Marine First Aid, and Passenger Safety Management
How do I apply for this adventure?
Simply visit our website and submit an online application before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on 15 December 2019.
NOTE: This is a designated Safety Sensitive position and is subject to Marine Atlantic's Drug and Alcohol Policy which includes, but not limited to pre-employment testing. We have a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol, cannabis, and illicit drugs.
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you are a member of one of these groups, we invite you to self-identify on your application, cover letter or resume.
*In order to work unrestricted hours on our ferries as per Transport Canada, you must be 18 years of age or older.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format or to discuss alternate ways of completing the online application, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.