Health Records Clerk (1016)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Health Records
CLASSIFICATION: Health Records Clerk (1016)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Day / Evening shift - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Collect medical records from the various nursing units. Assemble records according to a pre-established order. File medical reports. Answer the telephone and process requests. Verify and file medical charts.
- High school diploma/GED plus an administrative support program of over one year;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Meditech;
- Ability to complete the medical terminolgy course as per set deadline;
- Ability to manage a heavy workload.
- Ability to set priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment