Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application .
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Community Mental Health - Grand Falls (Thomas-Albert High School - Grand Falls)
DEPARTMENT: Community Mental Health - Grand Falls - Child/Youth Team
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (indefinite period)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts Monday to Friday with possibility of evening shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs
Within the Child/Youth Program, the social worker will work with the various mental health partners and the Children's Youth Team. The main duties of the position include crisis intervention, assessment, planning, stabilization, monitoring, support, prevention, awareness and mental health promotion with a view to recovery. The candidate may be requested to travel within the zone to offer his/her service to other Child/Youth programs.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Bachelor of Social work;
- Experience in the mental health field or addictions would be considered an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), or obtain it within the set deadline;
- Certificate in nonviolent intervention in a crisis/workplace situation, or obtain it within the set deadline;
- Ability to function in a changing environment with different populations;
- Ability to form effective partnerships with the community network;
- Ability to offer group sessions to clients;
- Leadership and good decision-making skills;
- Clinical judgment and good analytical skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Good computer skills;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Valid driver's license and vehicle with insurance in place to travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment