Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Pediatrics / Float Team
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 0.5 FTE (Pediatrics) / 0.5 FTE (Float Team)
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care based on their patients' needs. They will plan, deliver and evaluate nursing care. They will collaborate in the delivery of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitation and palliative care. They will also participate in the teaching provided to patients. They may be required to do ambulance transfers, if necessary.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Nursing certification programs specific to departments within set time frames;
- Maintenance of skills required by the sector;
- Professionalism and ability to establish helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Interest in caring for newborns combined with superior manual dexterity;
- Ability to teach patients and, more specifically, children;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Good judgment, initiative and creativity; ability to adjust to change and to act as a leader in the care team;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to solve conflict situations;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"