Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
Competition #: 6-7480 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Float Team
CLASSIFICATION : Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
STATUS : Casual
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will be managing the communication network and providing administrative and clerical support to the Nursing Unit.
- Successful completion of a Health Unit Coordinator (Ward Clerk) Program (with high school diploma/GED)or secreterial course of at least one year (with high school diploma/GED) or commercial high school diploma;
- Must have at least 1 year of relevant experience;
- Functional knowledge of Word;
- Must have successfully completed the medical terminology course as per set time frame;
- Ability to priorize and organize work;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.