Junior Engineer- CSC Program
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Junior Engineer (Various Discipline)
Irving Shipbuilding is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Reporting to the Process Manager you will be responsible for maintaining and implementing improvements to the process and quality system.
This is a full time, permanent staff role based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Process Management Lead and departments across ISI to maintain & update business processes;
- Coach members from various levels of the organization to standardize and improve processes;
- Manage Process and Quality data including ongoing system maintenance and improvements;
- Optimize Process and Quality data capture and storage tools to provide a strong foundation for reporting;
- Lead and facilitate improvement projects and workshops.
Qualifications - Knowledge & Skills:
- Applicable Post-Secondary degree. An Engineering or Business Post-Secondary Degree would be considered an asset;
- Experience writing Process Maps, Work Instructions and Procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of Visual Basic and/or Visual Studio (VB6, VB.NET)
- Experience with relational database development and producing on demand reports
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills;
- Proven ability to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast moving environment;
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence non-direct reports;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 compliance standards would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.