Network Operator Analyst
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
Network Operator Analyst
J.D. Irving Limited, Information Technology is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic and collaborative people. At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is integral to how we work with and support our customers.
With over 320 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our team the opportunity to create real value by helping people and business work smarter. JDI IT provides support to the entire J.D. Irving Ltd. group of companies and therefore offers opportunities and experiences across a wide breath of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We invest in continuous professional growth and believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success - as such, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes!
Sound good so far? Then please read on - and if the below description fits your interests and experience, we encourage you to apply. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We currently have an opportunity for a Network Operator Analyst in Saint John, N.B.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role enabling 24/7 quality support which utilizes a variety of skills to provide second to none service to the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies. The successful candidate must have a strong sense of ownership, accountability, be inquisitive, able to influence, lead, enjoys variety, supporting customers, and a desire to address service interruptions promptly.
Key Accountabilites and Responsibilities:
- Monitor enterprise network infrastructure
- Analyze, troubleshoot, escalate and resolve technical issues
- Manage priority incidents to resolution
- Address service interruptions in the most time-efficient manner
- Update technical documentation
- Alert and Event Management
- Troubleshoot and resolve any Data Backup issues
- Provide Service Desk Support in Off Business hours
- Shift Work: 3 on and 3 off (days and nights)
- Education Required: Associate's Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of customer support experience in a technical environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A positive attitude and appetite for learning and development
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Orion, Vsphere, SCOM, SCCM,Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Backup Exec, AS/400, Unix, Microsoft office applications, Airwatch
- Examples of a proactive attitude, ownership, process improvements and problem analysis / resolution skills
- Ability to describe, create and manage system documentation, including standard operating procedures, and routine status reports
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Participation in processes involving change management, vendor management, and escalation procedures
- Must be able to obtain Government Security Clearances
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.