Applications Engineer - Automotive
Our Client is currently seeking an Applications Engineering Specialist, responsible for the development of technical quotations for automation equipment and to assist the Sales Manager in securing the business from a technical point of view. You will utilize other team players to help perform proper research - conception mechanical, electrical systems for machine applications. Coupled with these efforts you will put together cost sheets and build the financials for the project. Approx. 10% travel required.
- Assess clients' needs and recommend the appropriate solution
- Assist applications supervisor (as required) in achieving quote target due dates
- Be available to prepare cost estimates, concept models, quotes, and participating in sales calls as required
- Provide input into customized product design to meet customers' needs
- Take on the ownership of assigned quotes and work through the various steps to create a detailed quote.
- Maintain a professional attitude and work ethic both at work and in front of customers to build new customer relationships
- Maintain the CRM database, track contacts, leads, and opportunities
- Proposal delivery and follow-up
- Research information required by the applications team
- Identify and resolve client concerns with quoted solutions by reviewing with the applications supervisor
- Work with applications supervisor to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Estimate costs of producing, installing and maintaining equipment
- Propose solutions to the technical problems related to customer needs
- Prepare proposals and review purchase orders for accuracy
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or engineering technology or equivalent
- Ability to use SolidWorks, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Automation product(s), application and associated standards
- Exposure to machinery, Mechatronics, mechanical design, millwrighting an asset.
- Creative capacity, willingness to learn and willingness to adapt to the needs and requirements.
- Strong familiarity with the automotive industry's production cycle and terminology
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM tools to monitor performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid G' drivers license
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Work collaboratively with applications supervisor sales reps to plan and implement product familiarization
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Angela Dravis - Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Apply URL: http://en.agilus.ca/submitresume.aspx?JobID=102223&BU=ag&source=careerbeacon