Ashland Sawmill in Lethbridge, AB
Director of Agronomy
(To be based out of Charlottetown or Summerside, PE)
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the General Manager, this senior leadership role will provide agricultural expertise and advice to Customers and support the entire Prince Edward Island region. The Agronomist will work with Growers to provide support in the production of the highest quality crops in a profitable and sustainable manner.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A post-secondary education in Agriculture or equivalent business experience; specific experience with potato production would be considered a strong asset.
- CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) or eligible for the certification and pesticide application license.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, agronomics and analytical skills
- Results driven
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple project and priority deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- A proven track record of being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Act as resource to Growers for agronomic advice in the successful growing and storing of top quality crops.
- Provide technical and research based agronomic advice and support.
- Troubleshoot areas of crop production/storage concerns, provide solutions and corrective actions to avoid repeats.
- Provide weekly reports during the growing season to senior management on local crop progress, expected yields and quality.
- Identify and create agronomic experiments with meaningful and useful results that will aid the company in its vision for top quality raw supply for the plant.
- Develop and implement extension activities such as field trials, monitor crop & storages, grower seminars, etc.
- Keep up to date with best-in-practice industry innovations and technology and work to introduce relevant best practices to Growers in the Region.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by October 19, 2018
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Cavendish Agri Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.