Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is currently recruiting for a Steel Planner. This is a permanent full-time staff roles based in Halifax, NS.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of experience in steel planning
- Experience using Cloudis, Aveva, S3D, MS excel and Autocad would be considered an asset.
- Read relevant contract documentation and understand work scope, schedule and budget requirements
- Provide trade discipline specific leadership to the project planning/scheduling team
- Ensure work scope, sequence logic, and production trade labour budget is accurately represented in production schedule and sub-schedules
- Ensure milestones are properly represented in production schedule and sub-schedules
- Ensure materials are supporting schedule and advise Lead Planner, Project Manager and Supply Chain Lead of required actions
- Produce work packages to agreed schedule
- Maintain and update production schedule to properly reflect progress, contract work scope changes and impacting issues
- Demonstrate diligence, professionalism and appropriate level of responsibility for project.
- Support the project team
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR
What We Offer:
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.