Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Enfant-Jésus RHSJ Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Float Team
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 0.6
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
To participate in the planning, organizing, delivery and evaluation of nursing care in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital and the nursing service department.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Successful completion of required certification programs for medical delegated functions and advanced nursing skills specific to the unit as per set time frame;
- Two years' nursing experience;
- Cardiac arrhythmia course;
- Successfully obtaining ACLS certification as per set time frame;
- Successfully obtaining the following certifications as per set time frame: Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), PALS, non-violent crisis intervention, critical care program (NBCCNP) - emergency care;
- Triage course (CTAS) to be completed after two years working in the emergency department;
- Leadership, teaching, communication, interpersonal relationships, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage stressful situations and to set priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the principles of professional ethics, the management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French is requiredNote:
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"