Research Methodology Coordinator
NOTE : Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Non-bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Training and Research
CLASSIFICATION : Research Coordinator
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : October 2019
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the administrative authority of the Manager of the Research Support Office and under the scientific supervision of the Senior Research Methodology Coordinator, the Research Methodology Coordinator is responsible for facilitating, coordinating and managing the clinical research projects conducted by the health professionals, researchers and clinicians of Vitalité Health Network. This includes any activity related to research methodology, including writing protocols, identifying goals/objectives, defining populations, defining the data collection and analysis method, writing final reports and supporting the writing of scientific articles. The Coordinator must also be able to manage research initiatives and ensure these advance the satisfactorily. The Coordinator may also be called upon to participate in research program or initiative evaluation initiatives.
- Master's of science in nursing, health sciences or related discipline;
- At least three years' experience in the health research field within a university setting, medical research facility or hospital setting;
- Experience related to the coordination and development of research projects;
- Experiencing writing research protocols and literature reviews;
- In-depth understanding of the scientific method and of clinical research;
- Knowledge of evaluative research;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong writing skills (mainly in French) but ability to write in English as well;
- Verbal communication skills in both official languages;
- Initiative, creativity and leadership;
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team;
- Skills using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"