Diet and Menu Technician (2072)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Food Services
CLASSIFICATION : Diet and Menu Technician (2072)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 6 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Mainly day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Ensure follow-up with patients in connection with the integrated approach of nutritional care in acute care context (INPAC). Establish therapeutic menus based on individual care plans (eg, renal patterns, carbohydrate count, diabetic pattern) and modify them to ensure adequate choice to meet patient needs. Make sure that each menu corresponds to the prescribed diet and allergies and intolerances of the patient. Meet with some patients to obtain the data needed to implement the nutritional care plan. Also collect some information from family members as well as dietitians and nurses. Work in collaboration with the dietitian, unit staff and clinical nutrition. Ensure the clinical documentation on the patient's file of the interventions implemented. Assume all other related duties according to the needs of the service. Respect the policies and procedures of the service.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Successful completion of a recognized course in Food Services and Clinical Management of up to 6 months;
- Computer Skills (Meditech, Microsoft Office Suite);
- Experience relevant to the position;
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely manner;
- Orgainzational and work management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment