Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Grand Falls General Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotation day, evening,weekend and holidays.
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will be responsible for the registration of internal / external / emergency clients; assign beds as well as ongoing monitoring and launching of codes related to emergency measures; welcome and direct patients, clients or the public; provide telephone support to the service; schedule appointments and ensure the printing of various reports related to the Admissions Service.
N.B. These are just the main tasks of the position. If applicable, related tasks may be assigned from time to time to ensure the smooth operation of the service.
- High school diploma (grade 12) or general studies (G.E.D.) accompanied by a diploma in medical secretarial services or a post-secondary course (minimum one year) in secretarial services with additional training in medical terminology;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and office software and ability to apply it;
- Calm and flexible;
- Personality promoting good public and interpersonal relations;
- Brief description of the job and explanation of interest in the job;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Physical ability to do the assigned work;
- Good previous work record (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the principles of professional ethics, the management philosophy of the Network and organizational values;
- Respect for the confidentiality rules of the Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment