Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre - Bathurst
DEPARTMENT: Community Mental Health (Child and Youth Team)
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 1
STATUS: Permanent Full Time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will provide a full range of clinical psychology services to children / youth with various mental health problems. As a member of a interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following: evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, intervention, individual, family and group counseling, and program management. Responsibilities may include supervision of psychometrics and other support staff, as well as development of psychology programs.
- Master of Psychology or Doctor of Psychology;
- Licensed Psychologist of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick or eligible for Licensed Psychologist Membership;
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience in mental health with children / youth;
- Ability to obtain, within a set deadline, a training in suicide intervention (ASSIST);
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with clients and their family, as well as colleagues partners, organizations and the general public;
- Initiative, sound judgment, creativity, and self-motivation;
- Willingness to use own vehicle and travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment