NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Family Medecine Unit
CLASSIFICATION : Research Coordinator
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year and a half)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : November 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shifts and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Director of the New Brunswick Francophone Family Medicine Training Program, the Research Coordinator is responsible for teaching the core research theoretical courses to family medicine residents as well as facilitating and coordinating research projects, sponsored clinical trials and continuous quality improvement activities conducted by physicians, researchers and residents of the Family Medicine Unit. This includes the management of regulatory affairs related to projects, the recruitment of research subjects, the collection of research data or specimens based on the requirements of research protocols and clinical trials, and participation in writing results reports.
- Master's degree in science, nursing, health sciences or a similar discipline OR an equivalent combination of training (at least a bachelor's degree) and experience;
- At least three years' experience in the health research field within a university setting, medical research facility or hospital setting;
- Experience related to the coordination and development of research projects or clinical trials;
- Experience in the drafting and revision of research protocols and the research ethics board submission process;
- Experience in the recruitment of research subjects and in data collection;
- Computer knowledge (MS Office);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"