Senior Combat Systems Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This position will be responsible for providing technical and engineering services in support of the design, integration, installation, test and evaluation of all External Communications systems aboard the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) ship class. This will include, but is not limited to the:
- Communication Control and Management System;
- Secure and Non-Secure Radio Systems;
- Encryption Devices;
- Satellite Communication;
- Tactical Data Link Systems;
- RF Distribution and Switching;
- Antenna Systems;
- Portable Radio Communications; and
- Cellular Telephone.
This is a permanent full time position, located in Halifax NS.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance during requirements definition and specification development for the CSC Integrated External Communication solution.
- Participate in the CSC WG and IPT structures to ensure a complete and fully compliant Integrated External Communications solution is delivered in accordance with relevant governing standards and CSC requirements.
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge and oversight during the CSC Integrated External Communication solution's design and integration to ensure that optimal system function, integration, and performance is achieved.
- Develop, coordinate and execute plans, procedures and processes necessary to ensure that a fully compliant CSC Integrated External Communications solution is delivered.
- Coordinate, execute and provide independent oversight during all CSC Integrated External Communications solution's test and evaluation activities.
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change proposals submitted by the sub-contractors to ensure that performance, cost, schedule and Canadian Content impacts or risks to integration activities are understood and recorded.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the scheduling, planning and conduct of integration activities in support of program milestones.
- Undertake as required reporting as per assigned activities from the Communications Team Lead.
- Provide knowledge and insight into the operational employment of Naval External Communications equipment.
- Support a culture of teamwork, pro-activeness, and enthusiasm within the Combat System team, and be a role model for professional behaviour.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in a discipline of engineering
- A minimum of seven years' experience in the following fields:
- Extensive knowledge on the design, integration, installation and test of External Communication Systems
- E ngineering on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement programs
- Knowledge of complex systems integration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Combat System Architecture
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
For more information please contact: Erin Sloan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.