Program Manager (PMO)
Reporting to the Director of IT Services, the Program Manager (PMO) is responsible for managing and supervising the project management team. He/she must lead the team in the execution of programs according to planned deadlines and budgets and must ensure optimal management of resources as well as plan, organize, direct and control projects. This person ensures the consistency of the company's strategies and its processes from one project to another, as well as the customers' satisfaction with the products. This individual works towards the achievement of operational objectives by providing information and recommendations to strategic plans, preparing action plans and implementing project production standards.
- Ensure the alignment of IT projects with the company's business strategies.
- Manage the process of developing and putting into production IT projects.
- Implement and maintain the methodology and project management tools within the IT team, including the implementation of project management performance indicators contained in a project dashboard in support of the VP of IT.
- Ensure project budget management:
- Initiate and coordinate project approval and project allocation processes.
- Together with the Finance Department establish and track the budget for all IT projects.
- Ensure appropriate IT project staffing and personnel management:
- Resource planning for project implementation along with other IT managers.
- Organize and supervise a team composed of program and project managers.
- Conduct performance evaluations and oversee team resource development.
- Ensure the delivery of IT projects according to parameters defined with clients and business partners:
- Responsible for the quality, condition and performance of all active projects and develop remedial action plans as required.
- Accountable for any major changes in regard to the direction, budget, schedule and content of projects.
- Produce and present the following to IT and executives: progress reports, resource planning, performance indicators and project budget status.
- Exercise leadership to ensure customer satisfaction.
- A minimum of five years of project management experience, including planning, risk management, project scoping.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in system development cycles.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Computer Science or Project Management.
- A PMP certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio tools (intermediate to advanced level) for development and maintenance of tasks and documents progress.
- Experience in staff management and ability to handle complex situations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with external suppliers and to understand contractual terms.
- In-depth knowledge of the Internet, networks and recent technologies to interpret computer components and systems.
- Ability to lead a team of diverse specializations towards performing business and technical tasks as part of a collaborative project to achieve objectives.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Ability to improve work methods. Experience with project procedures and with new and emerging tools to support advancement and communication of these changes within the team and the company.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Oral and written communication in French and English is required.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and analytical skills in order to maintain accurate information and be attentive to details that may influence deliverable dates.
- Excellent ability to anticipate and solve problems. Attempt to predict possible points of failure and identify proactive solutions.
Work With Us
- Training and development opportunities.
- Comprehensive rewards package including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.
- A vibrant location in downtown Moncton.
- A paid volunteer day.
- A gym located in the building.
- Paid leave to meet your various personal and family needs.
If this challenge fits your career aspirations and you wish to play a key role in the challenging development of our business, submit your application before October 20, 2019.