Director of Supply Chain Management
Marine Atlantic provides a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for future sustainability.
Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include
- competitive salaries
- defined benefit pension plan
- comprehensive health and benefit packages
- extensive professional development and training opportunities
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for a Director of Supply Chain Management to work with our Supply Chain Management department. The successful candidate may choose to work from our Port aux Basques, NL or North Sydney, NS location.
The Supply Chain Management department provides Purchasing, Contract management, Warehousing and Material Management services for the entire company. The department is structured in three sections: Procurement, Global Inventory Management, and Materials & Logistics Management. The department's purchasing office is located in North Sydney and Materials Management operates in two locations with warehousing facilities in Port aux Basques, NL and in North Sydney NS.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Director of Supply Chain Management manages the Supply Chain Management department to ensure the Corporation minimizes the organization's overall purchasing costs without compromising the quality or reliability of supply.
The Director is also accountable for the overall planning, implementation and optimization of all activities and support required for the delivery of products to the customers, from materials acquisition through distribution, including components of contract life cycle management.
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop purchasing strategies, budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures that will achieve the Company's strategic procurement objectives.
- Manage the purchasing process to assure compliance with the provisions of the Corporation's Procurement Policies and required Trade Treaties.
- Develop/enhance supply chain KPIs, reports, and business processes to ensure continuous improvements in compliance, quality, customer service levels, supplier performance and inventory management.
- Lead development and execution against departmental initiatives and objectives supporting the corporate plan.
- Act as the Corporation's resource in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management related topics and activities. Remain up to date with industry (Marine and Supply Chain) to ensure the company is up to date.
- Provide supervision, management, coaching, development and mentoring to the staff and management of the department, including departmental performance and progress reporting of departmental KPIs.
- Oversight over the vendor performance management process, including ensuring a mechanism to track performance, escalate issues and report to vendors when deficiencies/material breaches occur is in place.
- Promote a safe working environment.
- Assist in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as required.
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in Supply Chain, Business Administration/Commerce, Public Administration, or related field.
A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a senior decision making role; five of which involved experience in a senior leadership/management capacity.
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and work experience in a related position.
- Strong leadership skills, and prior experience leading and coaching teams.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with partnering abilities to gain consensus to advance projects and teams forward.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills with diverse experience that will accelerate organizational results.
- Outstanding track record in all aspects of Strategic Supply Chain operations including Supplier Relationship Management, Short/Long Term Strategies, Supply/Demand Planning and Inventory Management.
- Strategic mindset, with honed analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge of financial management practices and principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting and Finance, as it relates to Supply Chain Operations.
- Proven ability to use software applications appropriate to the job function including: Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (including MS Project), Finance/Purchasing/Warehousing Applications, and various business intelligence tools.
- A Master's Degree in Business Administration, Commerce/Economics or other related field.
- Certification in a procurement or supply chain area of practice: Public Service Procurement Professional (PSPP), Certified Federal Specialist in Procurement (CCFSP), Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), and Professional Certification in Supply Chain Logistics (P.Log.).
- Risk mitigation and management knowledge.
- Prior Supply Chain Transformation experience.
- Understanding of the legal issues involved in managing contracts.
- Experience with implementation and use of leading Supply Chain ERP systems such as Oracle and/or SAP preferred
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on 18 October 2019.
All applicants must apply online:
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you are a member of one of these groups, we invite you to self-identify on your application, cover letter or resume.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format or to discuss alternate ways of completing the online application, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).