Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be modified to meet operational requirements
Identify needs and take part in the planning, organization, delivery, and assessment of nursing care, in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, objectives, and policies . Monitor the patients' health condition on an ongoing basis. Anticipate potential complications and act quickly in case of an emergency. The incumbent may occasionally be required to work on the various nursing units and to accompany a patient during a transfer.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- At least one year's relevant clinical nursing experience acquired over the past five years;
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Cardiac arrhythmia course to be completed as per set time frame;
- Critical care certificate (emergency care) or equivalent, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certificate, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- Non-violent crisis intervention certificate;
- Triage course (CTAS) to be completed as per set timeframe;
- Successful completion of required certification programs for delegated functions specific to the emergency department as per set timeframe;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"