Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time position reporting to the Director, CSC Contract Management
Responsibilities to include:
- Manage the process for Task contract creation, execution, compliance and analysis to maximize operational performance and minimize contractual risk
- Ensure Contractual Task Coverage to fund all CSC efforts
- Work with the customer on obtaining and maintaining task coverage and act as the point of contact with the customer during the execution of the contract
- Provide advice and support to project delivery teams on contractual requirements
- Prepare and review documentation as necessary to support the role
- Coordinate the handling of contract closeout requirements
- Supervise supporting staff as necessary
- 5-10 years commercial contracting experience
- Experience working on complex defence contracts or related experience
- Post-secondary education in Business Management or Engineering based field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.