MacFarlands is a leading provider of equipment rental, sales and service throughout Atlantic Canada. We are a fast-growing organization looking for committed individuals who want to grow with an organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Analyst focuses on the application of rental management systems and technologies in achieving the business goals. Their role is to support internal resources and assist in the investigation, planning, design, development and launch of business operation systems in support of core goals, and processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, evaluate solutions that impact functional requirements of the business
- Focus on continuous improvement by analyzing effectiveness of existing solutions
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements
- Work closely with decision makers, division managers and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goal
- Oversee and manage internal IT analyst
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications
- Manage external consulting resources as required
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary certificate/degree in a related technical, business or management field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated project management skills. PMP designation preferred.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- The following traits are key to this position;
- High level of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Comfortable with empowerment and responsibility
- Professional and confident
To apply please email cover letter and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be contacted for an in person interview.