Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: 2nd West / Medical
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As a member of the nursing care team, the licensed practical nurse works in collaboration with and under the direction of a Registered Nurse in providing direct nursing care to assigned clients. The Licensed Practical Nurse also participates in the data collection, problem identification, planning and evaluation phases of nursing care provision.
- Graduation from an accredited practical nurse program and membership with the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Current BLS certificate;
- The incumbent must have completed the medication administration training program upon commencement of work;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"